Types of Information We Collect
In general our collection of personal information is described below in the following key sources of collection and site activities:
- Information Voluntarily Submitted: Information voluntarily submitted by you to us, including, without limitation, for creating or editing your account and user profile on the Service. When you personalize your profile and use the features of The Service, we collect any information you voluntarily provide. For instance, when you subscribe to our services, register for certain services, or register and/or set up an account/profile to participate in a purchase transaction, make a purchase, complete a survey, access, visit and/or use certain portions of the Service, or the Service as a whole, you may be provided, or required to choose, a password and/or User ID, and you may provide a account, credit, debit, or charge card number, or other payment information (as further described in paragraph 4 below), as well as your name, telephone number(s), email and/or street address, and other Personal Information. Other information such as your age, gender, and the number for your mobile or other device may also be requested.
- Content Submissions: Information voluntarily submitted during your use of the Service which can include content as photos, reviews, ratings and other information you choose to submit.
- Personal Information from Other Sources: Personal Information from other sources with which you have registered, companies with whom we have partnered with (collectively, “Partners”) or other third parties. For example, we may collect your user ID or profile information that you have permitted to be displayed through the Service in order to display you as a friend or in association with your profile and collections. We may associate this information with the other Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Payments: When you purchase the items offered on the Service, you will need to submit your credit card or other payment information so that our service providers can process your payment for those products and services; provided, however, this information is not stored on our servers.
- Email Addresses: If you send an e-mail to us, or fill out a feedback or review form through the Service, we may file electronically your e-mail address and the full content of your e-mail, including attached files, and other information you provide. You may indicate your preference to stop receiving further promotional communications as further detailed below. We may utilize, from time to time, an email verification service to verify the authenticity of emails submitted to us.
- Use of Technology: Information collected through the use of technology such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, and operating system is collected to make the Service more useful to you and to tailor the experience with the Service to meet your special interests and needs. Please see the section below entitled “Local Device Storage and Tracking” for more information on our use of this technology.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- We use Personal Information you supply through the Service to provide you with the merchandise, product, service, and/or content you have requested, including, without limitation, to fulfill any orders. When you purchase a product through the Service, we may share your Personal Information with third party brand(s) in order to fulfill your order. We may also use the information to communicate with you about new features, products or services, items we feel may be of interest to you and/or to improve the services that we offer by tailoring them to your needs.
- We may also allow access to our database by third parties that provide us with services, such as technical maintenance or advertising services, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to provide those services. If you choose to purchase products and/or software applications, on or through features on the Service, your information is communicated directly to third party credit card or other payment processing service providers, and is not processed through us or stored on our servers. There are also times when you may provide information about yourself to us in areas of the Service that may be managed or participated in by third parties. In such cases, the information may be used by us and by such third party(ies), each pursuant to its own policies. While we may seek to require such third parties to follow appropriate privacy policies and will not authorize them to use this information except for the express purpose for which it is provided, we do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties.
- We may also provide access to our database in order to cooperate with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, as well as private parties, including, for example, in response to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal process.
- In addition, we reserve the right to use Anonymous Information, including, without limitation, information we collect about your computer, mobile or other device (including its geographic location), which may at times be able to identify you, for any lawful business purpose, including without limitation to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, analyze trends, track users’ movements around the Service, and to otherwise administer the Service. Geographic location information about you and/or your computer, mobile or other device may specifically be used to show you content and sponsored messaging based on geographic location.
- We reserve the right to use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data about our users as a group for any lawful business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers, sponsors, clients and customers.
- In addition, as our business changes, we may buy or sell various assets. In the event all or a portion of the assets owned or controlled by us, our parent or any subsidiary or affiliated entity are sold, assigned, transferred or acquired by another company (including, without limitation, via merger), the information from and/or about our Service users may be among the transferred assets.
- We reserve the right to identify you from your Personal Information and/or to merge or commingle anonymous or non-personally identifiable data about you, your offline and online behavior, and/or your computer, mobile or other device (including its geographic location), with your Personal Information and/or other personally identifiable data for any lawful business purpose.
Local Device Storage and Tracking
- The Service will at times place and/or store code or other types of information and/or devices (e.g., “Cookies”) on your computer, mobile or other device (“Local Device Storage”). We may use Local Device Storage for any lawful business purpose, including without limitation to determine which of our messages have been opened by recipients so we can gauge the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, to control the display of ads, to track usage patterns, the movements of individual users, and your geographic location, to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, to analyze trends, to conduct research, to deliver editorial content, to record registration and personalization information, and to otherwise administer the Service. For example, if you register on any part of the Service and are given the option to save your user name and password, we may provide this convenience to you via Local Device Storage. Local Device Storage may also collect and store your personally identifiable information, which may be shared with our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and other companies. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
- If you do not want Local Device Storage, your computer, mobile or other device may include an option that allows you to not accept it. However, if you disable Local Device Storage, some portions of the Service may not function properly.
- In addition to Local Device Storage, we may use web beacons, web bugs, clear gifs, and similar technologies (collectively, together with Local Device Storage, the “Tracking Technologies”). We may use Tracking Technologies for all or some of the same lawful business purposes we describe above for use of Local Device Storage.
- As discussed below, you may opt out of third party tracking on the Service at any time. Also, we support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
How to Opt-Out of Third Party Tracking Technologies
Third Party Sites and Advertising
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. When you receive promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further promotional communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing AdAmplify Corp. at 225 West 8th Avenue, Suite 300, Vancouver BC, V5Y 1N3.
Updating or Removing Your Information
You may choose to correct, update, or delete the information you have submitted to us by sending an email requesting changes to email@example.com. Furthermore, if we inadvertently collect more personal information than intended, we endeavor to delete the extraneous information.
Please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request, only after we have fulfilled such requirements). However, please understand that deleted information may continue to persist on backup media.
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. You can access your Personally Identifiable Information on our Service through a password and your email address. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone. Information submitted through the shopping and registration processes are encrypted through a Secured Socket Layer (SSL) connection, which protects the information in transit.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies which do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Service, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
Children’s Privacy Rights
The Service is not intended for use by children, especially those under age 13. No one under age 18 is allowed to register for the Service or provide any Personally Information or use our social, community, and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, bulletin boards, forums, chats, blogs, employment and job ads, and elsewhere. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users in this age group.
Contact and Revisions
Contacting Us/Privacy Coordinator
225 West 8th Avenue, Suite 300
Vancouver British Columbia